Monday, September 9, 2013

For my Positive People

To some very important people (Big Guy, Sis & my Sista), I must apologize.  I have let the past week of crappy occurrences really affect my attitude.  For that, I am truly sorry!  You all know my history, and you all know that this transition to a more positive life has not been easy.

I am legitimately a work in progress.  Overcoming 40 some years of mostly negative input and output can be difficult to beat some days.  I know that some of you find me being critical of myself and my life hard to take...and I'm sorry that I've made that happen.  I do not like causing issues for anyone.  I am sincerely sorry, my beautiful friends.  You are the only reason I have made it as far as I have on the road to being permanently positive in my life.

I have learned on this adventure, I need to surround myself with people that are totally looking at life from a blessed point of view.  Counting blessings, counting the good things, being positive...these things are becoming second nature to me.  Now and then, I still need to vent the 'bad' feelings that rise up.  It's not something I'm proud of, and it's not something I purposely try to inflict upon anyone else...especially not the circle of people who have quickly become my mentors in this venture.

Your kind words, your support, your good natured teasing...they are all things that push me back to the right track.  I do not want to be the Eeyore that it seems I have always been.  I want to be more like Pooh-bear or better, Tigger - enthusiastic about life; joyous about my journey.

Finding the light path sometimes requires I get direction from someone I consider important to my travels in life.  Big Guy, Sis & my Sista, y'all have been a godsend!  I can only pray that you will hang in there with me, and remember that when I hit a moment of down, it is not a reflection on you.  It is strictly a reflection of the turmoil that is running through my head, my heart and my soul at that moment.  Rather than turn that conflict inward, I have learned to write it out and get it out of my system.  It helps me to let folks know that 'things' may not be peachy, but I'm working on it.

Stick with me, my compassionate companions, please?  You have made my life so much better than it was last year this time.  I will be successful.  I will be the best me that I can be.  With my determination, my drive and your support, I have all I need to make it happen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment