Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The road back to Positive

Gotten over my blues...and feeling a bit more like my positive self these last few days.  Part of that may be due to the fact that I will finally be starting a new job on January 20th.  HALLELUJAH!!!  I got one of my requested Christmas gifts.  Highly doubt I'll get the other, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think I deserve the other "request" but my luck when it comes to that particular "requested" item is not good.  Well, it is what it is.  If being single is the direction I am to remain in, I'll deal with it.  Not like it's something new.  I had hoped my change in attitude would help in that department too.  Hey, it's the season for miracles...so it still might happen.  Who knows, right?

Also adding a little bit of bounce to my step is the fact that the highly anticipated birth of my newest niece, a grand niece, finally occurred on December 13th.  Yep, Friday the 13th is the day she arrived.  Out of respect for that section of my family, I won't provide any other details other than she is healthy and adorable. I hope I get to meet her sometime.

The new job is an answer to prayer and the best Christmas present ever, at this point.  It's going to be a step out of my typical comfort zone, but I think I will do well.  It's all in the attitude, right??  My new employer is taking a chance on me.  I will give them my very best.  It is the least I can do.

So, if you get a call asking if you have ever thought about a lawn care program...do me a favor, and don't hang up.  You might just be helping me make a better paycheck for myself, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment