Saturday, January 26, 2013

Introductions

     



Before you roll your eyes and wonder WTF?, allow me to introduce myself.  I was born and raised in middle America, in the mid Atlantic, the middle child of five.  I am a descendant of the Mayflower pilgrims and high society Philly, with a member of my family tree having reached the highest political office in the nation.  I am also a descendant of hard working immigrant farmers who barely got by, who had enough children to run the family farm for decades and who made boot leg whiskey to have enough money to live.  I am the result of centuries worth of the American dream.  

     I am single.  I am owned by two cats.  I am a believer in salvation by grace.  I swear.  I am loud.  I am independent but strongly conservative.  I am bipolar.  I am NOT always polite.  I have never given birth but I have dozens of 'children' and 'grandchildren'.  I listen to whatever kind of music tickles my fancy for the moment.  I smoke.  I am overweight.  I dye my hair because I hate the color gray.  I have friends who think I am wonderful but crazy.  I have enemies who think I am psychotic.  I follow the WWE.  I watch football.  I read books like The Scarlet Pimpernel, Jane Eyre, The Complete Collection of Shakespeare, and A Brave New World.  I have also read every one of the Harry Potter books, the Shades of Grey trilogy and the Twilight series.  My all time favorite character from a book is Hannibal Lecter. 
  
     Are you starting to get the picture?   

     I do not behave like anyone else you have ever known.  I am sensitive and cry.  I will hit you on the back of the head if I think you need it.  I will give you a hug and whisper in your ear to stop being such a fuckin' jackass.  I do not take kindly to stupidity.  You give me (or anyone I care about) a hard time and I will treble it before I send it back your way.

     I am blogging for my own entertainment and to maintain my sanity.  I will be thoughtful occasionally.  I will tell little tales from my life.  I will state my opinions.  I may even write about my 'little' obsession with my favorite wrestler.  I will be wordy now and then, short and to the point other times.  I will use foul language if I want to, but not just because I can.  I will be myself.  

     Follow if you wish.  Don't follow me if you intend only to give me a blast of under-educated bull shit constantly.  I don't necessarily care what your opinions are, but I welcome intelligent discourse on a variety of subjects.  I enjoy a battle of wits as long as my opponent is equally armed.  

     End of introduction     

    

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to read your posts and be entertained by your tales and maybe even challenge you on some topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for the encouragement. Let's see where this goes.

      Delete